Mike has been playing RPGs for decades and with the KOTN crew since 1998. If there's a joke to be had, Mike is the one to jump at the chance (creating more work for Tom to edit out) but he'll also stay very much in character when the scenes get dark. He also is the Dungeon Master for the Dungeons and Dragons campaign and the Game Master of the Lasers and Feelings story.
Fun Fact: Mike is a horrible liar and has absolutely no poker face. This is as true in real life as it is in-game, which is probably why he often leans toward playing "good" characters.
A Few Favorite Moments Edit
- While role-playing a wood elf in DnD, the DM (Scott, of course...) makes Mike roll to see if he can stealth through a forest, prompting his oldest gripe "But we're ELVES!"
- In the Dresden Files campaign, when Allan Montgomery is faced with his mentor's confession of breaking the Laws of Magic, he starts scrambling to somehow salvage the situation and gets a lucky (but ultimately still tragic) break by invoking the Accords.
- During Dungeon World, Mike was particularly punchy and could not stop with jokes and gags that only he could appreciate, all culminating in the way-inappropriate "Hymen Regeneration" audio outtake.
- Michael Clay (World of Darkness - Shit Luck, Chagrin, The Sin Eater)
- Sean (Dresden Files - Neutral Grounds)
- Allan Montgomery (Dresden Files - Delivery, Rituals)
- Simon (Dungeon World)
- Bosco (Numenera)
- Amus Harcourt Osterhagen (Clockwork Dominion)
- Nils Conrad (Tales From The Loop)
- Carter Stewart (Night's Black Agents)